19 Amazing DIY Vertical Hydroponics Tower Plants ideas!
Use your free space and grow vegetables, herbs, and flower plants easily with these mind-blowing DIY Vertical Hydroponic Tower Ideas. Stay tuned with us to learn more about the vertical hydroponics garden.
Benefits of Hydroponics
The planters have total control over a hydroponic system. They are able to manage the nutrients and PH of plants that they are getting the exact nutrients they need. Hydroponic allow making farms in a location where the condition of the soil is poor, to support farming. And the main benefits of the hydroponic system are:-
- No Soil Needed.
- Make better use of location and space.
- PH Control.
- Better Growth.
- Labor and Time Savers.
- No Weeds.
- Effective use of Nutrients.
- Hydroponic is water saving.
- Decorative & Attractive.
- Space saver.
- 30% Faster
1. DIY Robotic Urban Farm System
Make a modern and smart hydroponic tower with the help of PVC pipes. Grow leafy green vegetables such as Romaine, Boston bib, and Cabbages red and green. Start your project here!
2. DIY Terra Cotta
Super easy hydroponic tower project for planters as well as it will beautify your free space. Start this DIY with the help of terra cotta pots.
3. DIY Strawberry Tower
Instead of buying strawberries, you can easily grow them in your home. Collect gallon plastic nursery pots and plastic bottle, continue reading at a piece of rainbow!
4. Diy Vertical Aquaponic System
Recycle your shelf Plano bookshelf into a perfectly vertical aquaponic system. Start this project with the help of this tutorial!
5. PVC NFT Hydroponics System
In this project, you need six growing tubes made of 6 PVC pipe. A stand and trellis made of PVC, 50- gallon nutrient tank, a pump, and a manifold. We got this idea here!
6. DIY Kratky Method
It is very easy to set up and use, and obviously a great starter for anyone new to hydroponics. The main thing is that you do not need to buy electronic equipment and don’t require electricity to run. Start this with the help of green and vibrant!
7. DIY Hydroponic Fodder System
It is very expensive to buy animal food from a shop, a hydroponic fodder system is the best for growing organic wheat and barley grass. Finish this project with the help of Rina Marie!
8. DIY Vertical hydroponic garden
With the assist of a PVC drain pipe, Stop end cap to fit the drainpipe, drill, hacksaw, and paint, make an amazing vegetable garden in a little space. All you have to do is follow this tutorial step by step here!
9. DIY Bottles Hydroponic Vertical Garden
Make a simple and attractive hydroponic vertical garden with your old glass bottles and chain. Find the details here!
10. DIY Bucket Hydroponic Garden
Another simple hydroponic project for beginners. All you want to do is drill a series of holes in a clean plastic bucket about 4cm above the bottom of the bucket. The number and size of holes are not significant, generally, 6 to 10 holes, 1/2 diameter. Finish this project with the help of simple hydro!
11. DIY PVC Hydroponics Unit
There are several benefits of PVC hydroponic units like 90% less water usage, 30% more growth, complete nutrient control, 20% faster growth, not much $ for upkeep, and many more. It is an easy and cheap project for gardeners, all you have to do is follow this article step by step here!
12. DIY Hydroponic Window Farm
Make your empty window more fascinating with this hydroponic window garden. Make this project where the sunlight comes, start this project with the help of plastic bottles. We got this idea here!
13. DIY Hydroponic Tower
Want a modern hydroponic tower that can also serve as home decoration. Learn more about this article here!
14. DIY Hydroponic Garden
Looking for something big for your terrace? With the help of this tutorial, you can easily grow 600 plants in 36 square feet. Start this project here!
15. DIY Vertical Pyramid Tower
Pyramid tower is the best choice for a vertical garden as well as it gives you the extra gardening and planting space you need. We got this article here!
16. DIY Hydroponic Drip Garden
Grow vegetables, herbs, and flowers plant with the help of this informative article. All you need is a heavy-duty plastic storage box with a recessed plastic lid, PVC pipe, Square Plastic pots, and hydroponic nutrients. Full DIY is here!
17. DIY Hydroponic Bucket
Learn how to make a simple and easy hydroponic bucket garden. All you want is a heavy plastic bucket and PVC pipe.
18. DIY Hydroponic tower Guide
This video is especially for beginners, learn how to make simple and cheap hydroponic towers. Start your project by pressing the play button.
19. DIY Hydroponic Big Tower
A detailed hydroponic tower videos for a commercial purpose. All you have to do is follow this tutorial step by step.
Disadvantages of Hydroponics
Before making a hydroponic garden consider some important questions. There are several disadvantages to the hydroponics system. If you work hard for a hydroponic system then it is best for you. Let us see the disadvantages of hydroponics:-
- Long return per investment.
- Diseases and pests may spread quickly.
- Initial expenses.
- System failure threats.
- Water and electricity risks.
- Experiences and technical knowledge.
- Organic debates.
- More time and commitment is required.
Most Common Hydroponics Pests & Diseases And How To Fight Them!
It is difficult to take care of hydroponic plants after all the process. Don’t worry about plants being effective from pests and diseases, because we have a solution for this.
There are 5 most common indoor plants pests that are:-
- Whiteflies- are very small pests about 1mm long and they causing white and yellowing spots on leaves.
- Aphids- can weaken the leaves of plants as they suck the juice from the leaves and make them yellow. Aphids have many colors such as green, black, or gray.
- Thrips- slender insects with fringed wings and unique asymmetrical mouthparts. The size of this insect is about 5mm long.
- Spider mites- Are classified as a type of arachnid, a relative of spiders, ticks, and scorpions. Adults are reddish-brown or pale in color, oval-shaped and very small 1/50 inch long.
- Fungus Gnats- The fungus gnats, insects that belong to the fly family Diptera, occur around moist, decaying vegetation, algae, and fungi. They are harmful to greenhouses, nurseries, and internal plants.
The best home remedy for hydroponics pests is neem oil. Use neem oil for insects and pests, neem oil has the ability to fight insects and they also dislike the smell of neem. All you want to do is apply neem oil on sick leave. Learn more about hydroponics insects here!