Make Your Imitation Jewelry Shine!
Instead of buying jewelry cleaning products from the market, you can easily and cheaply clean them at home with toothpaste and a few household items. To make your jewelry shine like new you have to stay with us and read the article thoroughly.
It is safe to clean your fake jewelry with toothpaste?
Generally, yes it is safe to clean your fake jewelry with toothpaste. Toothpaste contains cleaning agents which help to clean any type of tarnish and dirtiness from the silver elements. Cleaning jewelry with toothpaste is an easy, cheap, and effective DIY for you.
How to clean fake jewelry with toothpaste
You can remove dirtiness and tarnish quickly from your silver jewelry within a short time. So follow the instructions given below to bring back the shine of your jewelry.
You will need
- Toothpaste (Colgate)
- Waste toothbrush
- Any type of cloth
How to do
- Wear gloves.
- Now take out your rings, bracelet, chain, or any other silver ornaments from the body.
- Put the toothpaste on your toothbrush and gently apply it to your ring and ornaments.
- Gently rub toothpaste on your ornaments, not a single part should be missed.
- When the rubbing process is over, let the paste dry for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the paste is completely dry then again take a toothbrush.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water on the jewelry. Gently rub your jewelry with a brush. Again not a single part should be missed.
- Wash your jewelry with water and wipe off the water with a dry cloth or you can also use cotton. Now you can see your jewelry is shining and looked like a new one.
- If some part of your jewelry is still not shining then repeat the process but after some time.
When to Clean your fake jewelry?
Many people do not clean their jewelry for a long time, because of this their jewelry gets affected by a layer of dust and it is not cleaned easily. I will not say 100% but yes the result of this DIY will definitely solve this problem. If you are wearing jewelry regularly, make it a habit to clean them four to five times a year. And those who wear it only occasionally should clean it twice a year.
Some Important things you need to know about
- If you have silver jewelry, then polish it before putting it in storage.
- Don’t clean jewelry each month.
- Avoid doing work wearing a ring, such as washing vessels, etc.
- Do not work in your garden by wearing a ring.
- Do not try this DIY wearing any jewelry. First, take them off from your body and then do this process.
If you like this article then show your love in the comment box below plus don’t forget to share it with your friends and love ones!