An Easy Method To Grow Giloy In The USA!
The people of the United States of America who rely on Indian traditional and Ayurvedic are fully aware of the benefits of Giloy for daily life and medical conditions. In this post, you will learn, how to successfully grow giloy in the USA. So stay tuned with us and read the post thoroughly.
When to Grow Giloy
Generally, you can grow giloy in all season but you need to care for them. The best season to grow giloy is the rainy season, because in the rainy season giloy cuttings germinate quickly and without any hard work. But if you want to grow in any other season then maybe you need to do some special care for them.
Ideal Soil For Giloy
Many vines need some special chemicals fertilizer but this vine can grow easily without any soil chemical. Alternatively, you can use organic fertilizers in the soil, which makes the giloy vine grow faster and become healthier.
Water For Giloy Vine
Now you will not have to worry about watering the vine, this vine grows very easily in little water. You can water it in 4 days or in a week. It will remain green and live even after the soil is completely dry, but you should not allow the soil to dry out. Just take out the time and give water according to yourself.
If you are growing giloy vine in the rainy season it doesn’t need to be watered, but if you are planting in other climates you have to keep in mind one thing, just the soil should be wet whether you water in 3 days or once a week.
Where to Grow Giloy
This vine doesn’t need a big container or a large place to grow, you can grow it in a medium-size pot too. The best place to grow giloy is a balcony, yard, and terrace.
Plant it wherever you want, but support the vine to climb up. You can use trellis, PVC pipe, wooden strips, or rope.
Sunlight For Giloy
Giloy does not require any specific sunlight and like other vines, it also requires at least 6 hours of sunlight in a day. But in the hot season, you need to give shades when the vines are small, once the vines are mature then they can survive in high temperatures.
When to harvest Giloy
When the stem of Giloy becomes thick and strong or turn green to brown then you can cut it. But you don’t need to uproot the entire plant from its roots. Cut just as much as you need, or leave a few inches at the bottom, so that it can germinate again.
How to grow giloy
You can grow giloy from cuttings as well as you can also buy it from a nearby nursery. So, let’s see how to grow giloy from cuttings in the USA. Follow the directions below!
Supplies You need
- Potting mix soil
- Kitting knife or plant cutting scissor
- Pot or container
- Mature plant cuttings
- Rooting hormone powder
How To Grow
- Make a drainage hole in a container or pot.
- Wear gloves.
- Fill it with potting mix soil.
- Now, take mature cuttings from the vine. If you are growing in a big container then 4 to 5 cuttings are enough, and for those who are taking the pot, 2 or 3 cuttings are enough.
- With the help of a knife or scissors cut the thin cuttings from the vine, the length of a single cutting stem should be 7 to 8 inches long. In this way, you can take cutting as per your requirement.
- Take rooting hormone and dip the stem in it, choose the edge where you cut it from the vine, the bottom part of the cutting.
- Now, make 2 inches deep and 1 inch wide holes in the soil with the help of your fingers or you can use any tool too. Make holes according to the number of cuttings you are choosing. If there are four cuttings, make four holes, but make holes at a distance of 5 to 6 inches apart.
- Insert the cutting into the hole, thus putting all the cuttings in their holes.
- Cover the holes with some putting mix soil.
- After all, water the cuttings and keep the container or pot in the sunlight source.
If you are giving proper water and sunlight to the cuttings, giloy cuttings start developing in 20 to 25 days. later when the vines are 8 to 9 inches long, support them with a trellis, rope, or wooden strip, so that they can climb up.
Health Benefits Of Giloy In Our Life
Consuming Giloy regularly gives us a lot of benefits in our daily life. So let’s see what are the benefits of giloy below.
- Treat chronic Fever
- Purifies Blood
- Helps to treat Diabetes
- It has anti-aging properties
- Gives relief to Joint pains
- Acts as an immunity booster
- Improve digestion